Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not Me Monday



"So MckMama..." is a phrase frequently uttered in our home, by myself and my husband. MckMama is one of those rare people who lets herself be seen by others. She lets us see her as she follows Christ - flaws and all.


Each week, MckMama hosts a blogfest called "Not Me Monday." Not Me Monday is, in a nutshell, a no-cost-involved self-therapy program designed for people like me. It gives those who participate full license to disclose all of those details that we usually keep carefully hidden. It also allows us (the participants) to read about all of the things that other people definitely did *NOT* do this past week.


So here are my "Not Me Monday's." Be sure to head on over to MckMama's Blog to check out more, that are probably more entertaining than mine could ever be.


  1. I am not currently staring at my sweet, sweet Furbis cat. Because he is definitely not the Epitome of Catness. No, not he. And no, not me.


  2. My husband and I most certainly did sit idly and passively by as our cats (three of the four) tried vainly to get into a paper bag full of crinkly bags of potato chips. Nope. And we didn't laugh very hard. And we didn't discuss the fact that we were being naughty kitty parents by letting them be so destructive and then decide that really, it didn't matter. Because the fun of watching did NOT outweigh our desire to train them to be good, model-citizen style kitties.
  3. Just today, while typing up this post, I did NOT suddenly realize that I forgot to put up my Christmas play list. And I did not spend nearly an hour and a half preparing that play list for this blog. Only to forget to actually change it. No. Not I. And if that had happened, I wouldn't have decided I'd better at least listen to it once. And I am not forcing myself, on January 3rd, to listen to my Christmas music. No.
  4. I did not spend the days since my surgery wishing my husband would do dishes. There wouldn't have been many to do if I had, since we are mostly living off of paper plates and disposable silverware. And I didn't remind my husband yet again that I wanted him to do them. After all, it's something he hates doing. And he never promised to do them. So why would I expect him to?
    In light of that... I did not come down the stairs, look through the kitchen wall, and see my husband kneeling on the bathroom floor over a bathtub full of soapy water and dirty dishes. Definitely not. Because, I need to remind you, we do not live in a construction zone. We are not able to look through most of our walls due to a lack of drywall. And, just because we don't have a kitchen sink, that doesn't mean we do our dishes in the bathtub.
    But... if all of that had happened, he for sure would have scored some major brownie points with me.
  5. I am not currently searching for a job. And I did not seriously spend over an hour filling out an online interview thing for a local company, and get all the way to the point of needing to choose a time for my face-to-face interview before realizing that I actually do not want to work there. Not even sort of. Because I always think about that sort of thing before I fill out applications.
  6. It is not remarkably windy outside. And I am not noticing that this wind has actually blown 2/3 of the snow off the neighbor's roof. There was not nearly a foot of the cold white stuff on that roof just last night. I cannot see shingles. Because that would mean it is too windy. And I don't secretly wish that I, like my neighbor, was somewhere warmer just now.
  7. In the process of demolition this summer, we did not dislodge a skunk from his home beneath our foundationless (is that a word) entryway. And that same skunk did not then dig underneath our new deck (which replaced the entryway) and take up residence once again. We have not become resigned to the presence of this skunk. And we for sure have not actually grown fond of him.
    And he isn't so used to us that he doesn't spray us. He doesn't sit quietly on our deck as we enter and exit our house. I haven't quit being startled when I see a skunk on my porch. We did not actually name this skunk. How weird would that be?? But if all of that were actually true, surely the skunk would be so used to us that he would rarely emit any smell at all, and his name would be Leroy.
  8. We do not use miscellaneous little scraps of drywall as serving platters. Just because they have great thermal properties and don't heat up when you put a 300 degree bowl on them, and just because they are EVERYWHERE in our house right now, doesn't mean we'd stoop to using construction rubble as serving ware. No. Not us.
  9. I am not desperately grasping at random things in order to create a substantial Not-Me-Monday Post.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Kimber said...

Oh my this entire list is hysterical. It's really neat that the skunk is so friendly towards you though.

Rachel E. said...

Your cat is so cute! I sometimes let my dog struggle with something like digging up a bone--oh, I mean, I DON'T let my dog struggle--just for the laughs!

Following HIM said...

HILARIOUS post...I did not take a picture last night and then figure out which day I would post it!
~Elyse~