Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me Monday. (I'm NOT Batty)


"So MckMama..." is a phrase frequently uttered in our home. Mostly by me. Or... maybe it's only uttered by me? Hmmm... regardless. MckMama is currently witnessing the miraculous birth, life, and healing of one youngster affectionately known as MckMuffin. Or, in the real world, Stellan. Stellan is living proof that miracles do indeed happen. The fact that his heart is still beating today, is a miracle. The fact that his mom, dad, sister, and brothers have not had to say "good-bye" to him is a miracle.
Stellan's mom, "MckMama," hosts a blog carnival. It is called "Not Me Monday." Not Me Monday is a great way to be real, honest, and open with strangers from all over the world. I invite you to read mine, and read MckMama's. On her blog, you'll find links to all sorts of Not Me Monday participants. I think you'll enjoy it. I know I sure have.
  1. I am not sitting here at 1:30 AM riding yet another adrenaline high. Because I did not just get hot and cold flashes as I watched our cats find yet another bat in our house. That's ridiculous.
  2. If our cats did just find another bat, I surely would have dealt with it myself instead of forcing my sleeping husband to get up and capture it.
  3. I am not having a hard time sleeping because of that adrenaline high, and I am not considering using food as a natural sedative. Because eating this late is bad for my metabolism.
  4. I do not have to force myself to get up in the morning to call and schedule yet another operation for endometriosis. If that were true, I wouldn't be trying to hide the guilt I secretly feel about it.
  5. I did not just spend more than 24 hours in a drug-induced haze because of the pain relievers I need to take to be comfortable.
  6. I am definitely not sitting here pretending I cannot hear a bat flying around in the house, searching for bugs. That would be absurd - if I could hear that, surely I'd do something about it. Right?
  7. I am not trying to figure out a way to trap all of the bats in our house without paying any money to do so.
  8. We do not have a bat trapped in our half-completed ventilation system. If we did, we wouldn't have used cardboard and duct tape to do the trapping.
  9. I do not jump every time I hear a sound that sounds like a bat. Because these bats are certainly not driving me... well... batty.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

Okay, I would so be freaking out..
while I love love love VAMPIRES at the moment.. BATs would so freak me out.

Kimber said...

Bats?? I would be freaking out too.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Okay- I would move! and laughed at the duct tape since my 11 yr old thinks it is the solution to everything! Happy Monday!

mommaof4wife2r said...

bats!!! eeewww! i am not running on a adreline high! at least you have cats to get them. yucky things...go cats!

Erica said...

Uh, bat don't generally bother me, but not in the house, I would have to go stay with someone or I might go batty! Hope your bats fly away soon!