Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Upheaval.

The last two weeks have been full of upheaval. So much that has been the same for so long is suddenly changing. We've moved to a temporary apartment. We'll be here for somewhere between 60 and 120 days. The home of my childhood is no longer recognizable as such. Which is good, considering our intentions, but still... I'm feeling less and less compelled to give birth to our own children, and leaning more and more towards abandoning all treatments. Memories I have suppressed for years are coming to the surface, and I'm trying to figure out how they play into today. Then there's job upheaval. And the recent head injury. Current clotting problems. The growing (literally) pain inside that pushes me towards yet another operation.

And yet, it's all relative. When I start thinking about it all, it seems overwhelming. But it's like God hardwired us with a safety switch. One that only allows so much into the conscious thought process at a time. Because really, this doesn't so bad at all. Well, that, and read these verses with me. I love the fact that no matter what else changes, my Bible doesn't. God's Word is immutable, infallible, and utterly dependable.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Philippians 3:7-11
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain the resurrection from the dead.

Revelation 22:12,13
"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

There is peace and comfort in the Bible. There is stability and reliability. Even (and especially in) times of upheaval and uncertainty.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: