Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Person.

Our Pastor often encourages us to write out scripture in the first person and then read it aloud. Read this with me, not just in your head. Say the words, let them speak to you.

Isaiah 41:9-13
He took me from the ends of the earth, from its fartherst corners He called me. He said, 'You are my servant'; He has chosen me and has not rejected me. So I will not fear, for He is with me; I will not be dismayed, for I AM is my God. He will strengthen me and help me; He will uphold me with His righteous right hand.

All who rage against me will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose me will be as nothing and perish. Though I search for my enemies, I will not find them. Those who wage war against me will be as nothing at all.

For I AM is the Lord, my God, who takes hold of my right hand and says to me, 'Do not fear; I will help you.'

Isaiah 54:10
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills removed, yet His unfailing love for me will not be shaken, nor His convenant of peace removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on me.

This one, I'm not putting into first person. I'm leaving it as is.
Isaiah 55:6-11
Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow came down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud andflourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my Word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: