Sunday, May 16, 2010

Update. Graft Is Good.

Saw my graft site today. It looks really good. The skin is pink (full of holes, too). The edges have all adhered properly, everything looks as good as possible. I didn't realize that there would be STAPLES in my leg, but... I'll get used to it and there's only a few. I also didn't realize how much the donor site was going to hurt without the wound V.A.C. on.

So I made a choice today to spend another day or two here, receiving some I.V. pain meds and anti-inflammatories. Feels a little selfish and a lot wimpy. However... that's what I've chosen.

I also found out today that it will be a minimum of 3 weeks before I can begin any weight bearing on my leg at all. For now, it is allowed to be below heart level for a total of 20 minutes every 2 hours. If you think about it... I can go to the bathroom and that's about it.

But all in all, things are doing well. That's all for tonight - I'm off to watch a movie as I fall asleep.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: