Tuesday, February 24, 2009

God Making His Presence Known.

Today, I'm waging war. Not the kind with guns or spears and armor or shields. The kind inside, where one part of me is screaming "don't DO that" and another is screaming just as loudly "but I WANT to do that." Do you ever do that? "Get out of bed, it's morning and things need to happen." "But I don't WANT to get out of bed. I'm warm and comfy." "Smile at that girl, she looks really down." "But I don't have time to deal with her." "Don't snap at him - it's not his fault." "But I need to blame this on somebody." You know... things like that?

I'm having one of those kinds of wars. I little more intense, with a bit more... consequence... than the ones above. Also a very private one.

You might wonder, if it's private, why do I mention it at all? Well... I'd like to ask you to pray for me. Pray for peace. For strength. For clarity of mind. That I'd remember what God has told me in His Word. Because those are the things I need to win this.

And while you're at it... if there's something that I can pray for you about, please leave a comment. If you don't want the comment out there for my very very few many readers to see, you can put "private" at the top of your message and I won't publish it.



Meanwhile... have you ever had one of those moments where God just makes Himself known to you? Where His presence is undeniable and unshakable? I had one of those today... I wish all of you could know those moments. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone out there, saved or unsaved. Because the truth is, I'm as bad as most and worse than many. But honestly, there is nothing I desire for anybody more than that they come to a saving knowledge of my Savior. That they would choose to walk with Him, to know Him. To love Him. And to allow God to make His presence known.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: