Sunday, December 7, 2008

Spotlight.

I participate in our church's choir. Tonight, our church will gather for our annual Christmas Concert. There will be a lot of cute children who, with their innocence and charm, will convey a message meant to soften hearts and draw us closer to Him, our King. There will be our choir, who through music will endeavor to show people a little bit more of our Lord, to draw them just a little closer.

I think this is a good time to write about focus.

Turn with me to Proverbs 4, and let's look at verses 25 and 26.

Let your eyes look right on [with fixed purpose], and let your gaze be straight before you. Consider well the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established and ordered aright.

Try as I might, I can't see anything in this verse that says "look at yourself." I can see nothing that says "watch yourself." I can't find anything at all to indicate that I should be focusing on me.

I need to let my eyes look right on with fixed purpose. What purpose? My ultimate goal. Heaven. My Savior. Hearing those coveted words... "Well done, my good and faithful servant." That is my purpose. My desire. My intention. My focus.

So tonight, when the lights are low and I stand between two women with a microphone in my hand, my focus will be on Him. Where is yours?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: