Saturday, December 6, 2008

Expectations.

I have expectations. Of how things will go, how they will be. Of who will be there for certain events. Of those events. Of when and how and where they'll happen. Of the simple fact that they will happen.

There is no guarantee that any of my expectations will be met. None. Except for one. I expect that when I die, I will go to heaven. I expect to spend an eternity being thankful that my Savior paid the price for my sins, that He ransomed me. This is one expectation that will not be dashed.

Meanwhile, I am here on earth. My expectations are often dashed, unmet. I, like any of you, have heartache. Disappointment. Opportunities to be disappointed, offended, bitter. And, like any of you, I have the strength and ability to choose to be thankful. To choose life. Hopefulness. Peace. Joy. And I am chosing those. And expecting that, even when everything seems wrong, I will have them.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: