Thursday, July 24, 2008

Today, Part 2

Part two.

I've been thinking about God's mercy. Because in NO way do I deserve forgiveness. And in no way can I maintain right standing with Him. I screw up more than anybody I know. Probably because, like me, other people do a good job of hiding their screw ups. But I can't hide them from myself. So I see the flaws, the failures, the iniquities. And I hate them.

I usually don't "feel" saved. Sometimes, I don't "feel" anything, really. Sometimes, I don't "feel" like going to church. Or reading my Bible. Or praying. And that bothers me. God is so much better than that. And yet...

His mercy. It's new every morning. And no matter how muc hof a failure I am, no matter how much I mess things up, He's there. Always. He promises to never leave or forsake us. And He never does. Because unlike people, God doesn't lie. Ever. He can't. He won't.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: