Wednesday, September 14, 2011

NICIAW - Fibromyalgia

This is from Twich.  Twich lives with Fibromyalgia.

1. The illness I live with is: Fibromyalgia

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2010

3. But I had symptoms since: 1984

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: trying to pace myself.

5. Most people assume: I'm just lazy and flaky.

6. The hardest part about mornings are: Not feeling refreshed and the pain caused by morning stiffness.

7. My favorite medical TV show is: Mystery diagnosis.

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: The iPod touch app that keeps track of my meds.

9. The hardest part about nights are: Trying to sleep.

10. Each day I take: 8- 12 pills & 2 vitamins. (No comments, please)

11. Regarding alternative treatments I: Use various types and believe in most alternative treatments.

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: Visible.

13. Regarding working and career: I may have to quit, if I can keep on with my job, I've been told I need to have a "Modified work description" Meaning drastically less hours and responsibilities than I'm used to.

14. People would be surprised to know: My pain level is significant and constant, I just don't talk about it often.

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: That it affects EVERY aspect of my life, both mental and physical.

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: maintain a social life.

17. The commercials about my illness: Don't really cover a fraction of what this illness is really like.

18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: 4 hour walks with friends.

19. It was really hard to have to give up: Pushing my limits.

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: It's not new, but I paint more.

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Go got a run or long walk.

22. My illness has taught me: To slow down sometimes and take care of myself.

23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: "But you look good!"

24. But I love it when people: say "I understand, that must be hard."

25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: Improvise, adapt, overcome.

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: Don't give up, it gets easier to live with.

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: How different it feels when you have a reason for feeling this way.

28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: When my little sister drew me a get well picture

29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: It's important to spread awareness- Just because you can't physically see it, doesn't mean it's not just as debilitating.

30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Like I may have made a difference.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: