Sunday, September 18, 2011

NICIAW - Dissociative Identity Disorder NOS, PTSD, Depression, Anxiety

This is from an individual who did not provide a name to associate with his/her information.

1. The illness I live with is: Dissociative Identity Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Anxiety

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 1991

3. But I had symptoms since: I was a child.

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: Making sure I feel safe.

5. Most people assume: I have my life together.

6. The hardest part about mornings are: waking up with hope about the new day

7. My favorite medical TV show is: MASH...an old one

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: computer

9. The hardest part about nights are: I have terrible nightmares.

10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please) 3 plus

11. Regarding alternative treatments I: am open to them

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: invisible

13. Regarding working and career: I struggle to get by daily. I wear a mask.

14. People would be surprised to know: I was sexually, physically and emotionally abused from a very young age into adulthood.

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: I will be healing the rest of my life.

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: have a professional career

17. The commercials about my illness: I don't know.

18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: Not sure.

19. It was really hard to have to give up: Not sure.

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: Not sure.

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: I don't know what "normal" is exactly.

22. My illness has taught me: to appreciate people and have compassion for others.

23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: Why can't you just get over it?

24. But I love it when people: show care for hurt kids

25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Also, "I yam who I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: The diagnosis is not the total of who you are. You are so much more than someone with an illness.

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: not sure

28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: Bought me and my family a Christmas tree one year when I was in the psych hospital.

29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: I was asked.

30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Cared about.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: