Friday, July 30, 2010

The Weight On My Shoulders...

My husband is responsible for the weight I've been carrying on my shoulders over the last week or so.  Just so you're all clear on that. 

And what, you may ask, is that weight?  Well... I could try to tell you about it.  But showing you, in pictures, what exactly has been weighing me down would be far more effective.

Part of it looks like this...

...and has lots of buttons on it...

...and takes pretty sweet photographs...

...and cleans itself every time I turn it off.

There is something that makes most of my lenses zoom twice as far...

And something that makes them see twice as much.

There is something that gets me closer than I've ever been before...

...and is made of mirrors (which is something new to me)...

...and can make a person just a little queasy if they stare too long.

There is something for getting in people's faces...

...and something for wide open spaces.

There are light-altering devices, too.

It gives me a lot of options...

,,, but it's a lot of weight.

Although, upon further reflection... I do think that maybe this is a weight I can bear.  So if you see me with a new backpack, and it looks a little heavy... all you need to do is smile.  Be happy.  Know that the weight on my shoulders is something I've chosen.  Something I'm happy to carry.

(Thanks babe.  Love you.)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: