Monday, July 26, 2010

I feel like I should know Moses pretty well by now...

Yes, I am referring to the Moses found in the Bible.  You know, the guy who saw a burning bush that didn't burn, and threw a stick on the ground and it became a snake... the guy who led the Israelites around and around and AROUND the same stupid mountain because they couldn't seem to stop whining?  Yeah, him.

I feel like I should know him.  We've got something in common...

I'm not in the middle of a real desert, walking in circles around a real mountain.  But I am definitely walking where I've already walked.  I have just taken yet another trip around the mountain I usually hear referred to as "surgery." 

Fifth time I've had surgery to treat endometriosis.

I honestly have no idea how it went - all Derek remembers is that the doctor said she did "a lot."  Which I could have figured out by doing the math (woke up over six hours after I walked into the OR).  Also would have been able to figure it out by how much stuff hurts... and all the places that hurt.  ANYway...

This was the first time I've had any sort of complication from it.  My bladder flat out was NOT working, at all, for hours.  When they let me go home, it was with the understanding and expectation that if it didn't improve, I'd have to come back in and stay for a while to get things straightened out.  When I got up Saturday, it worked... briefly.  Then it quit for most of the day, until I felt like I was going to explode.  Then it sort of worked again...

Sunday morning, it was so full, and I was so sore, that I chose to stay in bed.  But I did ask my husband to have our Pastor wear a piece of cloth and then bring it home to me (if you want to know why, read in the Bible how people merely touched the clothing that Jesus and some of his disciples wore and were healed).  He did.  I put it next to my bladder (tucked in the waist-band of my pants) and took a nap for a few hours.  Got up... and it's been working perfectly since.  I never thought I'd be so happy to urinate... but boy-howdy does it feel good!

Anyway... I will update once I see the doctor (it'll be almost a month from now) so that those who want to know exactly what was done can satisfy their curiosity.

What you see over there to the left is my post-op belly.  Full of fluid and blood.  It really does resemble a baby belly, doesn't it?  I let my husband practice "maternity" pictures on it.  If I'm gonna be this huge for no good reason, I may as well have SOME fun, don't you think?  (And yes, we are absolutely certain there is no baby in there.)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: