Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time with God.

Do you take time for Him?


I am not proud of it, but I'll be the first to admit that there are times when I don't. I don't know how this can be. How can I go even an hour without thanking Him? Without acknowledging what He did for me, what He's doing now. Who He is? I don't know... but it happens.


But when I do find the time... have the time... make the time... it is more precious than life itself. I cherish those moments. Those special times when He speaks straight to my heart. Peace, as wide and flowing and unstoppable as a river. Joy unspeakable and uncontainable. Comfort as my heart seems to shatter in a million peaces. Warmth as cold alone tries to overwhelm. Correction as I begin to stray. Rebuke, stern, frightening, loving, when I disobey. Direction when I'm confused.


What does He say to you? Do you take time to listen? Turn off the TV, the phone, the computer? Sit in the silence and just wait? I'm not saying He won't speak if you don't do those things. I'm saying it is far easier for us, humans, to hear Him when all is still.


I've been spending more time than I'm accustomed to alone in my car. What an opportunity. In my cocoon of metal and glass, the world seems distant. It's just me. And Him. I take those moments to thank Him for all that He is and all that He does. I praise Him. I talk to Him. And I listen.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: