Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yesterday and Today.

Yesterday, my mouth was on my mind. The subject of concern. Pain. Swelling. Fever. Several days of this. Last night, we had leadership meeting at church. This isn't just for leaders in the church, but it's for all believers who want to grow and mature. It's more meat than a "regular" service would be.

I went with the expectation that I would ask someone to pray for me. That I would come home well.

Read these verses with me...

Proverbs 4:20-22, AMP

My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh.

Last night's meeting was, as usual, full of scripture. I heard the Word of God. I learned. I listened. I let it seep into my deepest parts. And, as time went by... my mouth. It stopped hurting. The swelling (inside) started to disappear. I felt less feverish. Less achy. By 9:15, when the meeting was over... so was whatever was wrong. And still today - all is well. No pain. I can swallow normally. No fever.

So today, I am reminding myself of the promise of God... that His Word brings healing and health to all my flesh.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: