Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Briefly

Yesterday, I learned five kids' names.  In less than a minute.  And I still remember them.  :)  That's neat, no?

But it's not what I want to write about.

I left the City last night about 7:30.  We live East of the City, and the sun was starting to set.  The first thing I noticed was how very deeply, darkly blue the sky was.  And how brilliantly white and gold and crimson the clouds were.  Then I noticed that the hills were green... so green.  A deep, almost-blue green.  And the fields were a bright, almost-glowing green.  Barns seemed so red.  Houses seemed so brightly colored.

I don't know why it was that way.  When I got home and looked at some pictures, they looked normal.  The inside of my house didn't seem vivid.  But looking out the windows... stuff looked vivid up until darkness made it all fade away.  And not just vivid.

Alive.  Bright.  Full of beauty.

And I don't know why.

All I knew to do was to say "Thank you Lord, for all you have done."

O Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
I see Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: