Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tenacity. And Tears.

So. I suggested to my husband that maybe he should brush his teeth BEFORE he got to the point of being almost asleep. He said, "Yeah." But snuggled a little deeper under the covers. I knew that I could utilize... persistance... to get him to do it. So. I utilized it.
I said, "You know I won't give up."
"I'm aware, yes." I could hear a smile in his voice.
"Okay. Because I am persistant."
"Uh-huh..."
Tenacious. I have perseverence. I am not easily deterred."
He chuckled silently (I could see his shoulders shaking). "You're not deterred?"
"Nope, I'm not easily deterred."
"Well, then... are you de pee?"
We laughed until we cried. This is one of those times where living with my very best friend is so very much fun.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: